Leadership for Transition (LiFT) brings together innovative researchers, practitioners and citizens engaged in the fields of leadership, education and societal transition to promote more integrative, more effective and thus more sustainable ways of living in Europe and beyond.
In times of multidimensional crisis, leadership increasingly needs to empower individuals and society at large to take over responsibility for working towards the common good.
LiFT’s main aims are to harvest experience gained with collaborative leadership formats in diverse context, reflect and standardize it for others to use and to develop training courses on this basis.
History of the LiFT project
- LiFT 1.0 (2013-2015) – Grundtvig Learning Partnership, host: Institute for integral Studies (IFIS), 5 partners
- LiFT 2.0 (2015-2018) – Strategic Partnership (Erasmus+), host: Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), 7 partners, Blog here
- LiFT 3.0 – Politics (2019-2022) – Strategic Partnership (Erasmus+), host: Institute for integral Studies (IFIS), 7 partners
LiFT 1.0 and 2.0 have focused on the Collaboratory method, a co-creative deliberation and decision-making process helping large and diverse groups of stakeholders to come up with constructive solutions to complex problems.
LiFT 3.0 – Politics continues this work around a more focused topic: the challenge of taking collaborative leadership into politics.
Previous LiFT activities
- LiFT 2.0 (2015-2018) has hosted the following public workshops*:
1. Luxemburg, Nov 18-20, 2015: Benelux Pop-up University: Learning Transition
2. Gotland/Almedalen, July 3-10, 2016: Collaborative Ideas for Doing Politics – Ideas to accelerate sustainable development
3. Trondheim/Norway, Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2016: Adaptive Learning and Job Creation in the Digital Age
4. Ecovillage Sieben Linden/Germany, June 2-6, 2017: Gemeinschaftskinder/Growing up in Community
5. Murter/Croatia, September 21-24, 2017: Capacity Development for Transformative Learning Initiatives/Education for Sustainable Communities
6. Vienna/Austria, July 2-6, 2018: Learning from Social Entrepreneurs
and: Summer School on collaborative leadership
* Note that on our events page the numbering of our workshops starts with the events hosted by LiFT 1.0.
- By August 2018, LiFT has produced the following intellectual outputs:
1. A book on the foundations & resources of collaborative leadership
2. A book on the methodology of the Collaboratoy
5. A book with narratives from the field, summarizing the 5 “superpowers” that co-creators and change-makers should have for working towards the UN SDGs
If you have questions or wish to participate in one of our events please contact us via the comment function or send an email to: info [at] leadership-for-transition. eu.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Institute for integral Studies (IFIS)
Dr. Elke Fein
D-79106 Freiburg i. Brsg.