Leadership for Transition (LiFT) brings together innovative researchers, practitioners and citizens engaged in the fields of leadership, education and societal transition to promote more integrative, more effective and thus more sustainable ways of living in Europe and beyond. The project rationale holds that in times of multidimensional crisis, leadership increasingly needs to empower individuals and society at large to take over responsibility for working towards the common good.
LiFT has started off as a EU-funded Grundtvig Learning Partnership (2013-2015) and has continued its work as a Strategic Partnership between seven partners within the Horizon 2020 funding framework (Period of funding: Aug. 1st, 2013 – July 31st, 2015), hosted by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, see Blog here).
Its main aims are to harvest experience gained with collaborative leadership formats in diverse context, reflect and standardize it for others to use and to develop a training course on this basis.
During its second funding period (2015-2018), LiFT has hosted the following six workshops*:
1. Luxemburg, Nov 18-20, 2015: Benelux Pop-up University: Learning Transition
2. Gotland/Almedalen, July 3-10, 2016: Collaborative Ideas for Doing Politics – Ideas to accelerate sustainable development
3. Trondheim/Norway, Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2016: Adaptive Learning and Job Creation in the Digital Age
4. Ecovillage Sieben Linden/Germany, June 2-6, 2017: Gemeinschaftskinder/Growing up in Community
5. Murter/Croatia, September 21-24, 2017: Capacity Development for Transformative Learning Initiatives/Education for Sustainable Communities
6. Vienna/Austria, July 2-6, 2018: Learning from Social Entrepreneurs
and: Summer School on collaborative leadership
* Note that on our events page the numbering of our workshops starts with the first four events that have been hosted by the first LiFT Partnership (Grundtvig Learning Partnership).
Also, by August 2018, LiFT has produced the following tangible intellectual outputs:
1. A book on the foundations & resources of collaborative leadership
2. A book on the methodology of the Collaboratoy
5. A book with narratives from the field, summarizing the 5 “superpowers” that co-creators and change-makers should have for working towards the UN SDGs
If you have questions or wish to participate in one of our events please contact us via the comment function or send an email to: info [at] leadership-for-transition. eu.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Liability for Content:
We make every effort to keep the information on our website up to date, but accept no liability whatsoever for the content provided. §7 par. 1 of TMG (German Tele-Media Act), limits our responsibility as a service provider to our own content on these pages.
According to §§8-10 of TMG, we are not obligated to monitor third party information provided or stored on our website. However, we shall promptly remove any content upon becoming aware that it violates the law. Our liability in such an instance shall commence at the time we become aware of the respective violation.
Liability for Links
Our site contains links to third-party websites. We have no influence whatsoever on the information on these sites and accept no guaranty for their correctness. The content of third-party sites is within the responsibility of the respective owners or providers.
At the time third-party websites were linked to ours, we found no indication of any likely contravention of the law. We shall promptly delete a link upon becoming aware that it violates the law.
Institute for integral Studies (IFIS)
Dr. Elke Fein
D-79106 Freiburg i. Brsg.