Leadership for Transition (LiFT) brings together innovative researchers, practitioners and citizens engaged in the fields of leadership, education and societal transition to promote more integrative, more effective and thus more sustainable ways of living in Europe and beyond. The project rationale holds that in times of multidimensional crisis, leadership increasingly needs to empower individuals and society at large to take over responsibility for working towards the common good.
LiFT has started off as a EU-funded Grundtvig Learning Partnership (2013-2015) and is now continuing its work as a Strategic Partnership between seven partners within the Horizon 2020 funding framework (Period of funding: Aug. 1st, 2013 – July 31st, 2015), hosted by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, see Blog here).
Its main aims are to harvest experience gained with collaborative leadership formats in diverse context, reflect and standardize it for others to use and to develop a training course on this basis.
Until 2018, LiFT will host the following six additional workshops*:
1. Luxemburg, Nov 18-20, 2015: Benelux Pop-up University: Learning Transition
2. Gotland/Almedalen, July 3-10, 2016: Collaborative Ideas for Doing Politics – Ideas to accelerate sustainable development
3. Trondheim/Norway, Fall 2016: Adaptive Learning and Job Creation in the Digital Age
4. Ecovillage Sieben Linden/Germany, Spring 2017: Gemeinschaftskinder/Growing up in Community
5. Murter/Croatia, Fall 2017: Capacity Development for Transformative Learning Initiatives/Education for Sustainable Communities
6. Vienna/Austria, July 2018: Learning from Social Entrepreneurs
and: Summer School on collaborative leadership
* Note that on our events page the numbering of our workshops starts with the first four events that have been hosted by the first LiFT Partnership (Grundtvig Learning Partnership).
Also, until 2018, LiFT will produce the following tangible intellectual outputs:
1. A book on foundations & resources of collaborative leadership
2. A book on the methodology of collaborative leadership
3. A book on best practices (case studies) of collaborative leadership
4. A course curriculum to be used in train-the-trainer courses on collaborative leadership
If you have questions or wish to participate in one of our events please contact us via the comment function or send an email to: info [at] leadership-for-transition. eu.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.